Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Oh, my Garden!

My garden
 
Last year was my first venture into full on gardening.  I've always done containers in the summer and they've turned out great!  So finally, after many years I decided to take on the task of putting in a garden in my backyard.  Why have I waited so long?  Well, until a few years ago, I pretty much had full shade in my backyard.  I have an old large maple tree in the back that decided to drop some very large limbs, so now I have full sun!  Wow, what a switch!  I had no excuse anymore, so the garden become a reality last spring.  I have to say, it was the best thing I ever did!  The thrill of watching the veggies and plants grow was amazing!  Sometimes it seemed like they grew over night!  I enjoy walking around the garden everyday and seeing what's new and what I can eat right off the vine.  Who knew I liked peas!  I never thought I would get such enjoyment out of it, but I really have!  We've finally started to plant (weather hasn't been that great) and hopefully we'll have a good turn out this year.  Below are some pictures from last year and I will post more from this year as things grow.  The naughty cat liked the garden too!


My first zucchini





Sampson
My watermelons
 

No comments:

Post a Comment